Day 2 23 SLEEPS UNTILL CHRISTMAS DAY
jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG 2nd December 2018
Over the advent period the 24 days taking us up to Christmas Day our daily postings will have a Christmas theme. Detailed below is what they will cover.
They are similar posts to our usual Daily Posts but as you’d expect, with a Christmas theme. Open it up every day and treat it like an Advent Calendar. The down side is there is no chocolate but there are other goodies.
There will be a different Christmassy picture every day. Our Christmas card to you, 25 of them over the period up to and including the big day.
The first section of the post will be a Christmas themed piece of writing or list. Our usual features such as “Ewan Aged 3 Blog”, “George Aged 2 Blog”, “I Didn’t Know That Last Christmas”, “Nice Little Christmas Number”.
There will then be the following items every single day till Christmas Day:
1. INSPIRATIONAL CHRISTMAS QUOTE FOR THE DAY, a quote to inspire, infoem you or greet you for Christmas.
2. CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PICTURE BOOK, a suggested Children’s Christmas Picture book to read to your children to get them into the Christmas spirit.
3. CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PICTURE BOOK (2), a second suggested Children’s Christmas Picture book to read to your children to get them even more into the Christmas spirit. There are so many available we need to review two a day to get a good selection. Yes, they are linked to reviews.
4. CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS BOOK For 5+ READERS, a suggested Christmas themed books for older children who are reading for themselves.
5. CHRISTMAS NOVELS and we suggest Christmas themed books for us grownups to fill in thespare time and get us into the Christmas spirit.
6. A RADIO TIMES CHRISTMAS COVER. Radio times is synonymous with Christmas and theartwork of its classic Christmas covers is so noted. We will reflect on adifferent year daily.
7. CHILDREN’S ANNUAL. For generations Children’s Annuals have been a stocking fillers as much as apples, oranges and nuts. Dandy, Beano, Rupert; we take a look at this year’s offerings.
8. CHRISTMAS CAROL. A Christmas carol everyday to inspire you.
9. CHRISTMAS FILM for you to watch in your spare time up to Christmas. Ok, maybe you willnot have time but the children will love them.
10. DO SOMETHING IN PREPARATION FOR CHRISTMAS. An irritating list for you thatsuggests something to do in preparation for The Big Day.
11. HAPPINESS AT CHRISTMAS IS…our usual Happiness is… feature but coming up with what makesus happy about Christmas.
12. IT’’S GRANDAD’S CHRISTMAS CRACKER JOKE OF THE DAY. Every Christmas Cracker has a jokethat is worse than Grandad’s Joke of the Day. But Grandad’s Joke of the Daythrough till Christmas is taken directly from the Christmas Crackers. It’s acracker.
13. AT CHRISTMAS LOVE IS…Our regular Love Is… feature with a Christmas theme.
14 . CHRISTMAS TRACK OF THE DAY. You can’t have Christmas without Christmas music. We suggesta famous Christmas track everyday to help your soundtrack to Christmas along.
15 A CHRISTMAS ALBUM There have been so many classic Christmas albums recorded (andsome not so classic ones). We list one each day to assist your soundtrack toChristmas along
16. WHAT DAY IS IT? Our regular feature continues. What other days are being celebratedin December. You may not be aware but there is more going on than Christmas.
Let’s look at today’s list:
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas
CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS PICTURE BOOKs X 2
1. The Jolly Christmas Postman by by Allan Ahlberg & Janet Ahlberg
2. Noddy Meets Father Christmas by Enid Blyton
CHILDREN’S CHRISTMAS BOOK For 5+ READERS
Christmasaurus by Tom Fletcher
Christmas Mouse by Miss Read
A RADIO TIMES CHRISTMAS COVER
Official CBeebies Annual 2019
I Saw Three Ships
The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) – Michael Caine (Actor), Dave Goelz (Actor), Brian Henson (Director, Producer)
DO SOMETHING IN PREPARATION FOR CHRISTMAS
Make lists about everything to do to organise Christmas. But most important do one for Santa. If he doesn’t know what you want you ain’t gonna get it.
HAPPINESS AT CHRISTMAS IS…
Happinessat Christmas is…glitter everywhere in your home from Christmas cards anddecorations
IT’S GRANDAD’S CHRISTMASCRACKER JOKE OF THE DAY
What’s green, covered in tinsel and goes ribbet ribbet? A Mistle-toad!
AT CHRISTMAS LOVE IS…
At Christmas Love is… singing Christmas carols under the tree
CHRISTMAS TRACK OF THE DAY
Highest Chart Position: No.2 15th January 1983
A CHRISTMAS ALBUM
A Very Special Christmas – Various Artistes
WHAT DAY IS IT?
Sunday 2nd December 2018
©2018 Phil M Robinson & jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk