4 Sleeps TO GO UNTIL CHRISTMAS 2019
jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG Saturday 21st December 2019
- DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS PICTURE
The Late ’70s Family drive home for Christmas
- A CHRISTMAS LIST
THE CHRISTMAS CHART 2019
2019 CHRISTMAS No.1 & CHRISTMAS TOP 20 2019
(Announced Friday 20th December 2019)
The Christmas No.1 2019 is: I LOVE SAUSAGE ROLLS by LADBABY, the same artist that tok Christmas No.1 2018
Pos LW Title, Artist
1 New I LOVE SAUSAGE ROLLS LADBABY
2 2 OWN IT STORMZY/ED SHEERAN/BURNA BOY
3 4 BEFORE YOU GO LEWIS CAPALDI
4 3 DON’T START NOW DUA LIPA
5 7 LAST CHRISTMAS WHAM
6 New AUDACITY STORMZY FT HEADIE ONE
7 5 ROXANNE ARIZONA ZERVAS
8 6 ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU MARIAH CAREY
9 New LESSONS STORMZY
10 1 DANCE MONKEY TONES & I
11 8 RIVER ELLIE GOULDING
12 11 ADORE YOU HARRY STYLES
13 9 EVERYTHING I WANTED BILLIE EILISH
14 14 FAIRYTALE OF NEW YORK POGUES FT KIRSTY MACCOLL
15 12 BRUISES LEWIS CAPALDI
16 16 MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE SHAKIN’ STEVENS
17 15 DO THEY KNOW IT’S CHRISTMAS BAND AID
18 47 WATERMELON SUGAR HARRY STYLES
19 24 STEP INTO CHRISTMAS ELTON JOHN
20 17 BLINDING LIGHTS WEEKND
DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS BY CHRIS REA MADE No.42
There are a further 28 Christmas themed tracks in the remaining TOP 100 21-100
24 25 IT’S BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE MICHAEL BUBLE
25 29 ONE MORE SLEEP LEONA LEWIS
28 31 SANTA TELL ME ARIANA GRANDE
29 34 I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERYDAY WIZZARD
31 36 MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY SLADE
32 32 ROCKIN’ AROUND THE CHRISTMAS TREE BRENDA LEE
33 39 UNDERNEATH THE TREE KELLY CLARKSON
34 41 HAPPY CHRISTMAS (WAR IS OVER) JOHN LEGEND
36 43 SANTA’S COMING FOR US SIA
42 46 DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS CHRIS REA
43 53 COZY LITTLE CHRISTMAS KATY PERRY
46 50 IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR – ANDY WILLIAMS
47 52 MISTLETOE JUSTIN BIEBER
53 56 HAPPY XMAS (WAR IS OVER) JOHN & YOKO/PLASTIC ONO BAND
61 61 JINGLE BELL ROCK BOBBY HELMS
62 62 CHRISTMAS LIGHTS COLDPLAY
64 64 HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS MICHAEL BUBLE
66 67 WHITE CHRISTMAS BING CROSBY
67 72 WONDERFUL CHRISTMASTIME PAUL MCCARTNEY
69 70 SLEIGH RIDE RONETTES
70 73 CHRISTMAS (BABY PLEASE COME HOME) DARLENE LOVE
75 84 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW DEAN MARTIN
82 100 CHRISTMAS TIME (DON’T LET THE BELLS END) – DARKNESS
83 New LIKE IT’S CHRISTMAS JONAS BROTHERS
85 66 DECEMBER BUGZY MALONE
87 Re MARY’S BOY CHILD/OH MY LORD BONEY M
89 Re SANTA CLAUS IS COMING TO TOWN MICHAEL JACKSON & JACKSON 5
97 Re THE CHRISTMAS SONG NAT KING COLE
Did you also realise that Mariah Carey has made No.1 With ‘All I Want For Christmas Is You’ on the American Billboard Hot 100? The first time the track has made No.1 in its 25-year history. I wish it had in this country!
- CHRISTMAS WORDS
Hotel reveals most expensive Christmas tree in the world – it costs £11.9 million!
Whether tree decoration for you is a serious and artistic pursuit or just a bit of frivolous festive fun with friends and family, if you are prone to jealousy look away now.
A hotel in Marbella has just unveiled the world’s most expensive Christmas tree. Well, this is not confirmed but we are pretty sure because their festive decor would take a lot to beat as the fir is worth a whopping £11.9 million.
The Kempinski Hotel Bahía is already well known for its luxurious five star look. However, they have turned up the glamour with this incredible creation.
The terrific tree is the brainchild of celebrity designer Debbie Wingham who is known for her highly expensive design including the world’s most expensive high-heels, dress and cake.
The festive plant was unveiled by Axel Bethke, the general manager of the hotel as well as the artist herself in order to celebrate the Christmas season. It is decorated with black, white, pink and red diamonds as well as edible treats and other more traditional decorations.
The whole tree is decorated in a style inspired by the art-deco period and peacock feathers. It is also decorated with models of martini glasses, feathers and perfume bottles, as well as 3D printed chocolate peacocks.
The most extravagant decorations created by Debbie Wingham are 3crt pink diamonds, 4crt sapphires, oval red diamonds, black and white diamonds. The tree also showcases a mixture of up-cycled jewellery from top luxury brands Cartier, Bvlgari, Chanel and Van Cleef & Arpels.
Additionally, there are fabulous traditional decorations such as snowflakes and fairies, but none of these are normal for they are made of diamond duct and 24-carat gold, and the baubles are created by emu and ostrich eggs.
If you visit the hotel you will be able to admire the magical tree in the hotel’s lobby which has been newly refurbished, and they will be hosting a Diamond and Champagne Night on 28 December.
Or if this sounds a bit too fancy, we can confirm tinsel works well on trees too!
- A LINE OR TWO FROM THE SONG “I’M DRIVING HOME FOR CHRISTMAS”
I take look at the driver next to me
He’s just the same
He’s driving home, driving home
- NICE LITTLE CHRISTMAS NUMBER
101 23.7 days: the average UK annual snowfall
102 30 per cent: the increase in waste over the Christmas season
103 One victim of technology is the personal diary – once a popular stocking filler. British manufacturers sold £41 million of diaries in 2008 but only £17 million in 2017.
104 A traditional favourite proving enduringly popular are model trains or construction sets – sales of which have nearly doubled in the last ten years. In 2017 British manufacturers sold £13.6 million-worth, up from £8.6 million in 2008.
105 25% of the whole year’s sprout sales are in the two weeks before Christmas.
- CHRISTMAS TRACK OF THE DAY
- A MERRY CHRISTMAS SHORT FILM OR VIDEO
- CHRISTMAS COMPILATION ALBUM
Various Artists – Merry Luxmas ~ It’s Christmas In Crampsville: Season’s Gratings From The Cramps’ Vinyl Basement
- SANTA DONE GOT HIP – The Marquees – The Marquees
- JINGLE BELL HOP – Jackson Trio – Jackson Trio
- ROCKIN’ “J” BELLS – Little Bobby Rey & His Band – Little Bobby Rey & His Band
- RUDOLPH THE RED NOSED REINDEER – The Mellodeers – The Mellodeers
- CHRISTMAS IN THE CONGO – The Marquees – The Marquees
- YULESVILLE – Edward ‘Kookie’ Byrnes – Eddie ‘Kookie’ Byrnes
- COOL YULE – Tony Rodelle Larson – Tony Rodelle Larson
- RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER – The Cadillacs – The Cadillacs
- I WANT A HIPPOPOTAMUS FOR CHRISTMAS – Gayla Peevey – Gayla Peevey
- O CHRISTMAS TREE – Spike Jones – Spike Jones
- CHRISTMAS BOOGIE – Sugar Chile Robinson – Sugar Chile Robinson
- CHRISTMAS IN JAIL – The Youngsters – The Youngsters
- SWINGIN’ SANTA – Sandy Baron – Sandy Baron
- JINGLE JANGLE – The Penguins – The Penguins
- ROCKIN’ SANTA CLAUS – The Martels – The Martels
- CHRISTMAS DAY – Detroit Junior – Detroit Junior
- TRIM YOUR TREE – Jimmy Butler – Jimmy Butler
- I WANT A MAN FOR CHRISTMAS – Joan Shaw – Joan Shaw
- ESKIMO PIE – George Jones – George Jones
- HEY SANTA CLAUS – The Moonglows – The Moonglows
- I WANT A PRESENT FOR CHRISTMAS – JB Summers and Doc Bagby’s Orchestra – JB Summers and Doc Bagby’s Orchestra
- EMPTY STOCKING BLUES – Floyd Dixon – Floyd Dixon
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT – Julia Lee – Julia Lee
- FAR AWAY CHRISTMAS BLUES – Little Esther & Mel Walker with Johnny Otis Orchestra – Little Esther & Mel Walker & Johnny Otis Orchestra
- COLD, COLD FEELING – T-Bone Walker – T-Bone Walker
- CHRISTMAS BLUES – Washboard Pete – Washboard Pete
- BRING THAT CADILLAC BACK – Harry Crafton – Harry Crafton
- ZAT YOU, SANTA CLAUS – Louis Armstrong – Louis Armstrong
- LET CHRISTMAS RING – Cool Breezers – Cool Breezers
- SANTA CLAUS – Bo Carter – Bo Carter
- DID YOU SPEND CHRISTMAS DAY IN JAIL? – The Reverend JM Gates – The Reverend Jim Gat
- HISTORY OF RADIO TIMES CHRISTMAS COVERS
- HISTORY OF TV TIMES CHRISTMAS COVERS
- IT’S A CRACKER
Doctor, doctor! I’ve got a mince pie stuck up my nose! Doctor: I’ll give you some cream for it
BONUS CHRISTMAS BOOK REVIEW
2019 Phil M Robinson