jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG 27th July 2020
CORONABOBS ISOLATION DAY 125 – Diary of a Self-Isolator Saturday 25th July 2020
Gyms and swimming pools and leisure Centres are allowed to open up today for the first time.
Joe, Joseph Trevor Wicks (also known as The Body Coach) (born 21 September 1985), is a British fitness coach, TV presenter and author.
He worked as a teaching assistant after completing his sports science degree. After realising it was not his ideal job, he became a personal trainer for the next five years. Wicks received a major boost at the beginning of his business as he received almost £95k from his generous uncle Eddie, which reportedly he paid back within 3 years.
His fitness method uses short intense High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT or, colloquially, ‘HIT’) workouts. Starting off by posting 15-second recipe videos on social media, Wicks grew his brand to become one of the most followed fitness accounts on Instagram and YouTube. His first published cookbook Lean in 15: 15-minute meals was a best-seller in 2015, having sold over 900,000 copies. He has created a “90 Day Plan” with workouts and meals with tailored portions to the individual.
During the coronavirus pandemic lockdown in 2020, he began “PE With Joe” on YouTube to try to help children stay active; this livestream had a wide impact and was viewed by over a million users worldwide. The first stream occurred on 23 March and ended almost four months later: on 22 July. He is a Channel 4 television presenter with his own show The Body Coach.
Wicks was awarded a Guinness World Record for “most viewers for a fitness workout live stream on YouTube”, after achieving over 950,000 viewers on Tuesday 24 March 2020 for his second live stream. The award was presented to him virtually due to the 2020 coronavirus pandemic.
He has achieved what I have attempted to do and failed through life. No, not make a Keep Fit Video.
My ambition has always been to make just enough money to keep my family comfortable doing what I love most, writing, and earning a comfortable living from it.
Sadly no matter how hard I tried it has not happened. So, well done Joe, against all odds.
He has a well-deserved holiday now but on the BBC i-player there is a Joe Wicks playlist of tunes. This is the list. There are some brilliant tracks.
Joe Wicks set to make £10million from lockdown, including £10k per Instagram post and £7,500 per YouTube video
- George Ezra Shotgun
- Arctic Monkeys Fluorescent Adolescent
- Jack Garratt Better
- Snoop Dogg & Wiz Khalifa Young, Wild & Free (feat. Bruno Mars)
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros Home
- Beyoncé Love On Top
- Dwayne Johnson You’re Welcome
- Whitney Houston How Will I Know
- John Mayer Waiting On The World To Change
- Bob Marley Three Little Birds
- Bob Marley & The Wailers Could You Be Loved
- Lin‐Manuel Miranda, Daveed Diggs, Anthony Ramos, Leslie Odom, Jr. & Okieriete Onaodowa My Shot
- Lighthouse Family High
- Bruce Springsteen Dancing In The Dark
- Matthew Wilder Break My Stride
- Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Hugh Jackman & The Greatest Showman Ensemble – From Now On
Check it out in sound: JOE WICKS PODCAST
CHECK OUT THIS PLAYLIST LINK Joe Wicks – Desert Island Discs
And today I worked hard on the Church Mail Shot all day7.00am until 9.00pm. Hard work too.
DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH EVERYDAY ESPECIALLY WHILST IN ISOLATION
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
— Martin Luther King, Jr.
Happiness is…a Joe Wicks workout
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
The inventor of autocorrect in a mobile phone has died. Rest in Peas.
Love is…finding him/her irresistible
5 Things To Be Grateful For During Lockdown/Coronavirus
We are grateful Lockdown gives us a time…
- A time to do a Joe Wicks workout…A time to have a break from a Joe Wicks workout
- A time for a gym to close due to the pandemic. A time for the gym to reopen due to ease down of restrictions due to the pandemic
- A time for Three Little Birds by Bob Marley…A time for Ain’t No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell
- A time for Shotgun by George Ezra …A time for Love on Top by Beyoncé
- A time to work like I’ve never worked before on the Church Mail Shot…A time for a relaxing break
TOTAL STAIRWAY TO EVEREST CLIMB CHALLENGE
DAY 112 16 Times – 144 Feet Cumulative Total 16,695 Feet
HORRIBLE LITTLE NUMBERS
Country Confirmed cases Deaths
1 US 4,234,140 146,935
2 Brazil 2,419,091 87,004
3 UK 301,020 45,837
4 Mexico 390,516 43,680
5 Italy 246,118 35,107
6 India 1,435,616 32,771
7 France 206,478 30,084
8 Spain 272,421 28,432
9 Peru 375,961 17,843
10 Iran 291,172 15,700
UK deaths yesterday 14 (Remember always lower at weekends due to how reporting is done.)
Global cases Updated 27 Jul at 11:29 local
Confirmed 16,262,481 +206,572
Deaths 648,913 +4,357
Recovered 9,407,423 +139,822
©2020 Phil M Robinson