jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG 6th August 2020
CORONABOBS ISOLATION DAY 135 – Diary of a Self-Isolator Tuesday 4th August 2020
As all the Coronavirus restrictions were being lifted, I was intending to end the Diary of a Self-Isolator on 1st August. But as some restrictions were reinstated and Boris and Chris Whitty were quite downbeat. And of course, we decided not to go on holiday. So, I have decided to carry it on until the 1st September, but with a slight difference.
o give the site a more holiday feel I will feature a Summer Holiday Playlist daily featuring five summer tracks. Also light-hearted summery greeting card. And I’ll try finding Summery subjects to write about.
All greetings cards shown are from “whistlefish.com”, Padstow, Cornwall.
I think to be able to cope with “Lockdown” you need to set up targets to achieve. Then Lockdown has some point to it and you have something at the end to say I achieved that in “Lockdown” so the time was not wasted.
For the first 135 Days I had the following Projects/Targets:
- Produce a 440page photobook for my daughter’s 40th birthday (& son in l) COMPLETED
- Write my 140,000 word Biographical Novel ON GOING
- Everest Stair Climb Challenge– Climb stairs to equal height of Mt Everest ON GOING
- Do a Blog Post daily Diary of a Self-Isolator ON GOING
- Sell items on Ebay for cumulative £1,000 to pay for i-pad ON GOING
- Aquire an Alexa COMPLETED
- Aquire an i-pad COMPLETED
- Produce Jive Puppy Summer Mix COMPLETED
- Do grandchildren a magazine every week during Lockdown Home Schooling COMPLETED
20 Issues of Coronabobs Times Completed
- Walk 20 miles a week MISSED TARGET
- Have 5 Medical type tests All of which turn out Ok – 1 still in abeyance otherwise COMPLETED
- Produce the Village Hall Accounts COMPLETED
As the “Lockdown” is carrying on in a fashion I need to have targets to get me through it 1st August until 31st December. 153 Days! Here, they are:
- Get Grandchildren back into our lives big time!
- Write my 140,000-word Biographical Novel
- Produce Jive Puppy Photo Book Annual of 2020
- Produce December 2020 Jive Puppy Mix
- Everest Stair Climb Challenge– Climb stairs to equal height of Mt Everest
- Produce a daily Blog Post revamping the Blog objectives
- Create an artistic photobook with 440 pages concentrating on artistic values about something special, say Mamma
- Walk Challenge Land’s End to John O’Groats 1,084 miles 10 miles per week.
- Sell items on Ebay for cumulative £1,000 to pay for i-pad
- Do a grandchildren based Blog Post
- Read 10 pages a day – that is 1 book a month = 5 books
- Big Job – Get physical photographs which number in 1,000s in order in a purpose bought filing cabinet
- Sort and organise garage.
- Have office reordered and decorated
- Organised things to make Christmas extra special for this year to make up
- Write, write, write!!! At least 1,000 words every day.
- Lose weight 9lb.
- Get away on holiday
- To have our garden looking half as good as our next-door neighbour’s The Spray’s
- To get 3 Stag motif t shirts from Next who seem to be reluctant to supply me and have a hopeless Customer Service. Listen up Mr N-E-X-T, when you close down don’t blame Amazon or me the consumer. It is purely your own piggin’ inefficient fault!
- More will be added and this list will be amended early September.
I love to write! And this week one of my letters got the £50 Letter of the Week in Total TV Guide. That gives me double the pleasure of writing and being paid for it too. The dream can get no better.
DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH EVERYDAY ESPECIALLY WHILST IN ISOLATION
SMILE OF THE DAY
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
“Positive thinking will let you do everything better than negative thinking will.”
— Zig Ziglar
Happiness is…getting £50 for Letter of the Week
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
I always knock on the fridge before I open it. Just in case there’s a salad dressing.
Love is…when she lets you walk her home
5 Things To Be Grateful For During Lockdown/Coronavirus
We are grateful Lockdown gives us a time…
- A time to ease Lockdown…A time to tighten up on lockdown.
- A time to review Lockdown Project Targets at 135 Days…A time to re-set new Lockdown Project Targets for the next 153 days till 31st December 2020
- A time to be entertained by Whistlefish greeting cards…A time to appreciate Whistlefish artwork.
- A time to listen to the Blog track list…A time to listen to the silence
- A time to be paid nothing for your writing…A time to be paid fifty whole pounds for your writing
TOTAL STAIRWAY TO EVEREST CLIMB CHALLENGE
DAY 122 16 Times – 144 Feet Cumulative Total 18,171 Feet
SUMMER PLAY LIST
- Lovely Day Bill Withers 4:16
- Summertime Louis Armstrong 4:50
- Summer In The City The Lovin' Spoonful 2:38
- Summer Holiday Cliff Richard 2:17
- Summertime Blues
©2020 Phil M Robinson