jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG 25th August 2020
CORONABOBS ISOLATION DAY 154 – Diary of a Self-Isolator Sunday 23rd August 2020
1 The former children’s laureate, Michael Rosen, has completed a new book just weeks after falling seriously ill with coronavirus.
The 74-year-old spent nearly seven weeks in intensive care and says that since leaving hospital in June, he’s lost his sight and hearing on his left side – and had to learn to walk again.
Nonetheless, it took him just “a couple of days” to finish “Rigatoni the Pasta Cat”, the latest instalment of his comic fiction series. “When I’m writing”, he says, “I feel very contented – so even when it’s a bit of a struggle, it feels like a good place to be”.
2) On 12 August 1908 the first Model T is built at Henry Ford’s factory in Detroit. In the first month of production, only 11 are built – a rate which had increased to about 300,000 per month in 1925. In all, more than 15 million Model Ts would be made.
3) A fox in a leafy suburb of Berlin has been getting into the spirit of summer – by collecting flip flops.
For weeks residents of Zehlendorf were baffled that a thief was stealing their flip flops and sports shoes from their gardens at night.
Finally, a man spotted the culprit on a patch of wasteland, “in flagrante, carrying two blue flip flops in its mouth”, the daily Tagesspiegel reports.
The fox had a hoard of over 100 shoes, but not the man’s missing running shoe.
The man had suspected it might be a fox after raising the matter on a neighbourhood watch website and getting complaints from other locals about a missing pair of shoes, or one missing shoe.
4) A Robin looks all dishevelled and as if it has been pulled through a hedge backwards. Or looking like something the cat dragged in. But it appears it had just emerged from a shower in the bird bath on one of these hot August days.
I’ve been writing up George Aged 4’s latest Blog today. His latest thoughts are posted online check it out here: GEORGE AGED 4 BLOGS – AUGUST BEST MONTH IN THE WORLD EVER
A big favourite of mine and Mamma’s was back on TV tonight – Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing on BBC 2 Sunday. Everything about this programme is brilliant. Bob Mortimer’s humour is mine (and Mamma’s) to a T. You cannot better it. It is dry and so funny.
Then there is the scenery, the fishing, (which adds the drama) the location, the location for the stopover and the food. Such a combination of greats. There is nothing to better it on TV.
DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH EVERYDAY ESPECIALLY WHILST IN ISOLATION
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
Hatred darkens life; love illumines it.
Happiness is…the Model T Ford
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
Why was Eeyore down the toilet?
Because he was looking for Pooh!
Love is…never easy to deal with.
5 Things To Be Grateful For During Lockdown/Coronavirus
We are grateful Lockdown gives us a time…
- A time to suffer…A time to write
- A time to make the news because you have Coronavirus…A time to make the news because you have completed a new book.
- A time as a Fox to collect chickens…A time as a Fox to collect shoes
- A time as a Robin to look smart handsome and neat…A time as a Robin to look dishevelled, rough and untidy
- A time for Mortimer & Whitehouse to relax fishing for salmon in Scotland…A time for Mortimer & Whitehouse to relax talking over food with funny banter.
TOTAL STAIRWAY TO EVEREST CLIMB CHALLENGE
DAY 141 18 Times – 162 Feet Cumulative Total 21,015 Feet
SUMMER PLAYLIST AUGUST 25th 2020
- Lazy Afternoon The Small Faces 3:00
- Sunny Bobby Hebb 2:42
- Woodstock Matthews' Southern Comfort 4:26
- Paper Sun Traffic 4:15
©2020 Phil M Robinson