jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG Friday 29th May 2021
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
- Q: A cowboy rode into town on Friday. He stayed in town for three days and rode out on Friday. How was that possible?
A: Friday was the name of his horse.
- Q: Railroad crossing, watch out of cars. Can you spell that without any “r’s”?
- Q: What belongs to you but is used more by others?
A: Your name.
- Q: What goes up and never comes down?
A: Your age.
- Q: How can a man go 8 days without sleep?
A: He only sleeps at night.
- Q: I’m full of keys but I can’t open any door. What am I?
A: A piano.
- Q: I’m light as a feather, yet the strongest man can’t hold me for more than 5 minutes. What am I?
- Q: Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday?
A: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
- Q: What occurs once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in one thousand years?
A: The letter M.
- Q: What runs, but never walks, often murmurs – never talks, has a bed but never sleeps, has a mouth but never eats?
A: A river.
- Q: If I have it, I don’t share it. If I share it, I don’t have it. What is it?
A: A secret.
- Q: How many months have 28 days?
A: All 12 months!
- Q: They come out at night without being called and are lost in the day without being stolen. What are they?
- Q: What word is spelled wrong in every dictionary?
A: The word “wrong!”
- Q: What is easy to get into, but hard to get out of?
- Q: The more you take away, the bigger this becomes. What is it?
A: A hole!
- Q: What word contains 26 letters, but only three syllables?
- Q: What building has thousands of stories?
A: The library!
- Q: A bat and a ball cost £1.10. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
A: 5 pence. (The ball costs 5p, the bat £1.05 therefore £1 extra! Get it!)
- Q: What invention allows you to look right through a wall?
A: A window!
TOP TEN OF THE DAY
TOP TEN WAYS TO CALM DOWN
I thought this chart was aimed at adults which makes #4 but it probably does help.
SPECIAL DAYS CELEBRATED ON 29th May 2021
DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH EVERYDAY
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
Your best life will not be found in comfort. It will be found in fighting for what you believe in. Maxime Lagacé
Happiness is…realising you really can figure out riddles.
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
Ok, you can tell the joke was free, it’s not all that funny. But I love the cow. Couldn’t you just write a brilliant story about her!
Love is…a down to earth relationship.
A time to solve riddles…A time to give your brain a rest.
1886 American chemist John Pemberton begins to advertise Coca-Cola.
1942 Bing Crosby records “White Christmas”, world’s best-selling single (estimated 100 million copies sold).
1953 Sir Edmund Hillary and his sherpa Tenzing Norgay, became the first men to reach the summit of Mount Everest in the Himalayas. The news of the British expedition broke in Britain on Queen Elizabeth II’s Coronation Day, 2nd June. The Queen knighted Edmund Hillary later that year.
BOOK OF THE DAY
Click on book cover for me detail
©2021 Phil M Robinson