Worst Only Fools and Horses episode
jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG Friday 17th June 2022
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
Only Fools and Horses episode which is surprising ranked as the ‘worst ever’ according to fans
It’s fair to say that Only Fools and Horses ended on a spectacular high, although some fans of the hit sitcom have strongly disagreed. The very last episode, which aired back in 2003 as part of the show’s Christmas special, tied up a few loose ends during its one hour and fifteen minutes running time.
In the anticipated conclusion, which was watched by 16.37 million viewers, it was revealed that although fans believed Del Boy and Rodney to have been full siblings, they are in fact only half, sharing the same mother but having two different dads.
We finally learnt that Del had suspected this when he was 20 and noticed that his 6-year-old brother was taller than him, so it started to make him think. He finally found out about his family history when Uncle Albert drunkenly told him the truth one night at a wet corset contest.
Only Fools and Horses is one of the most memorable TV programmes in British broadcast history© BBC Only Fools and Horses is one of the most memorable TV programmes in British broadcast history
At some point, Rodney found out too, but the pair decided to keep it to themselves at risk of breaking each other’s hearts. Their luck also turned in the episode as Del Boy and Rodney got a taste of the rich life they’ve always dreamt of, after finding out that Uncle Albert left them with £145,000 each in his will.
Another heart-warming scene from the last episode is the birth of Rodney Trotter’s child, whom he named Joan after his mum. Despite, the many memorable and heart-warming scenes, the episode remains one of the lowest-rated episodes according to IMBD.
Some fans have also shared their thoughts on why they don’t consider this episode to be that good. One fan believed that the show should’ve ended with the ‘Jolly Boys Outing’, writing: “Worst episode. Should have stopped after the Jolly Boys Outing. Then it would have finished on a high.”
“Not my favourite episode, and I think it’s because of the continuity error over whether or not Del’s supposed to have known Freddie the Frog back in the day.”
“Normally Sullivan’s great at referencing previous episodes or storylines, but here he seems to get it wrong,” another fan wrote on Facebook.
A third wrote: “Should never have made these later episodes…load of crap… should of stopped at the watch.”
By Ayaan Ali – My London
TOP TWENTY-SEVEN OF THE DAY
TOP 27 songs with a day of the week in the title
- “Monday Monday,” The Mamas & the Papas (1966)
- “Rainy Days and Mondays,” Carpenters (1971)
- “Monday Morning,” Fleetwood Mac (1975)
- “I Don’t Like Mondays,” Boomtown Rats (1979)
- “Blue Monday,” New Order (1983)
- “New Moon on Monday,” Duran Duran (1984)
- “Manic Monday,” the Bangles (1986)
- “Ruby Tuesday,” Rolling Stones (1967)
- “Tuesday Afternoon,” The Moody Blues (1967)
- “Tuesday’s Gone,” Lynyrd Skynyrd (1973)
- “Wednesday Morning, 3 A.M.,” Simon & Garfunkel (1964)
- “Thursday,” Jim Croce (1973)
- “Thursday’s Child,” David Bowie (1999)
- “Friday I’m in Love,” The Cure (1992)
- “Friday On My Mind” The Easybeats (1966)
- “Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.),” Katy Perry (2011)
- “Friday,” Rebecca Black (2011)
- “Another Saturday Night,” Sam Cooke (1963)
- “Saturday in the Park,” Chicago (1972)
- “Saturday Night At The Movies” The Drifters (1964)
- “Saturday Night’s Alright for Fighting,” Elton John (1973)
- “Saturday Night,” Bay City Rollers (1973)
- “Sunday Morning,” The Velvet Underground (1966)
- “Pleasant Valley Sunday,” The Monkees (1967)
- “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down,” Johnny Cash (1970)
- “Sunday Bloody Sunday,” U2 (1983)
- “Lazy Sunday,” Small Faces (1968) And also by Andy Samberg and Chris Parnell (2005)
REMEMBER: The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.
– Nicolas Chamfort
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
“Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” ~ Napoleon Hill
Happiness is…relaxing in beautiful sunshine on a hot summer’s day.
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
If athletes get athlete’s foot, what do elves get? Mistle-toes.
Love is…never going anywhere without it.
PEARLS OF WISDOM
“If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.” —Betty Reese
A time for the 1st Episode of Only Fools & Horses: “Big Brother” 8 September 1981 9.2 million viewers… A time for the Last Episode of Only Fools & Horses: 64 “Sleepless in Peckham” 25 December 2003 16.37 million viewers
©2022 Phil M Robinson