BLOG POST TITLE
jeanniejeanniejeannie.co.uk BLOG Wednesday 5th May 2021
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY
I just love to keep my mind, brain and emotions exercised with “Would You Rather?” questions.
Would you rather answer these or stare into space with a blank mind?
- Would you rather eat chocolate on pizza or never eat chocolate ever again?
- Would you rather have your own theme park or your own zoo?
- Would you rather be the star player on a losing team or warm the bench on a championship roster?
- Would you rather lose all of your teeth or all of your hair?
- Would you rather watch nothing but Line of Duty or Friends for the rest of your life?
- Would you rather lose your keys or your phone?
- Would you rather live in a home with no electricity or in a home with no running water?
- Would you rather be rich with no friends or poor and popular with loads of friends?
- Would you rather have the ability to see 10 years into your own future or six months into the future of the world?
- Would you rather nobody remember who you are at your 20-year class reunion or have everybody comment on how old you look?
- Would you rather only be able to listen to Christmas songs all year round or only be able to watch nothing but horror movies?
- Would you rather be a genius everyone thinks is an idiot or an idiot everyone thinks is a genius?
- Would you rather be beloved by the general public but your family and friends hate you, or be hated by the general public but your family and friends love you?
- Would you rather be colour blind or lose your sense of taste?
- Would you rather live on a desert island with your celebrity crush or in a mansion with your ex?
- Would you rather trump every time you meet someone new or burp every time you kiss someone?
- Would you rather have tea with Queen Elizabeth or a beer with Prince Harry?
- Would you rather give up the Internet or showering for a month?
- Would you rather get away with a terrible crime but live in fear of someone discovering it or go to prison for three years for a crime you didn’t commit?
- Would you rather be forced to live the same day over and over again for a full year or take three years off the end of your life?
- Would you rather star in a Star Wars or a Marvel film?
- Would you rather always have wet socks or a small rock in your shoe?
- Would you rather have Celine Dion or Eminem perform the soundtrack to your life?
- Would you rather be the class clown or the teacher’s pet?
- Would you rather never age physically or never age mentally?
- Would you rather date someone with bad breath or bad manners?
- Would you rather read the book or watch the movie?
- Would you rather get a cooking lesson from Gordon Ramsay or Gino D’Acampo?
- Would you rather work alongside Sir Alan Sugar or Homer Simpson?
- Would you rather be criticized or be ignored?
TOP TWENTY OF THE DAY
TOP 20 KIDS & FAMILY MOVIES
BEST OF ROTTEN TOMATOES
Rank Rating Title
- 97% Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (2018)
- 98% Inside Out (2015)
- 97% Coco (2017)
- 98% Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (1937)
- 100% Paddington 2 (2018)
- 93% Incredibles 2 (2018)
- 98% Up (2009)
- 98% Toy Story 3 (2010)
- 99% Finding Nemo (2003)
- 96% Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (2011)
- 94% The Jungle Book (2016)
- 96% The LEGO Movie (2014)
- 99% How to Train Your Dragon (2010)
- 98% Dumbo (1941)
- 97% The Incredibles (2004)
- 90% The Lego Batman Movie (2017)
- 97% Chicken Run (2000)
- 98% Mary Poppins (1964)
- 96% Monsters, Inc. (2001)
- 96% The Iron Giant (1999)
SPECIAL DAYS CELEBRATED ON 5th May 2021
Cinco de Mayo Day
Revenge of the Fifth (For the Star Wars nerds out there)
International Roller Derby Day
World Portuguese Language Day
DON’T FORGET TO LAUGH EVERYDAY
INSPIRATIONAL QUOTE FOR THE DAY
Happiness is…is all a game of “Would You Rather?”
GRANDAD’S ONE LINER JOKE OF THE DAY
So, my mate TONY said, “Don’t say my name backwards.”
I said, “Y NOT?”
Love is…a fairy-tale.
A time to have tea with Queen Elizabeth… a time to have a beer with Prince Harry
The first edition was published on Saturday 5 May 1821, at which time The Guardian (Titled The Manchester Guardian) was a weekly, published on Saturdays and costing 7d; the stamp duty on newspapers (4d per sheet) forced the price up so high that it was uneconomic to publish more frequently.
1961 Alan Shepard, Jr., made a 15-minute suborbital flight in the Freedom 7 spacecraft, becoming the first U.S. astronaut to travel in space.
1927 English author Virginia Woolf published To the Lighthouse, one of her most successful and accessible experiments in the stream-of-consciousness style.
1821 Napoleon born, Corsican/French military officer, political leader
1760 The first public hanging took place at Tyburn in London. Earl Ferrers was executed after being convicted of murdering his valet. He was the first to be hanged by the new ‘drop’ which had just been introduced in the place of the barbarous cart, ladder and medieval three-cornered gibbet.
©2021 Phil M Robinson